University of Virginia: College of Arts and Sciences, Class of 2018
BA Computer Science | BA Cognitive Science | GPA: 3.34
Coding Proficiencies: Python, Java, C++, PostgreSQL | np, matplotlib, sklearn, tensorflow, openCV, bs4
Services & Platforms: AWS, Git, HPC (University hosted cluster)
Higher Level Coursework: Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, Algorithms, Machine Learning, Cerebral Cortex, Computational Learning Theory, Cloud Computing, Computer Architecture, Data Visualization
Foreign Language Proficiencies: Hindi, Urdu
Research & Projects
Data Scientist – LMI, Government Consulting (August 2018 – Current)
- Project work classified. Professional experience with Synthetic Data Generation and Chatbot interfaces
- Led LMI hackathon at GW Datacon Conference. Wrote problem statement, evaluated submissions and scored team entries
Computational Neurobiology Researcher – Meliza Lab, UVA Psych. Dept. (May 2016 – August 2018)
- Modelled neurons to simulate Zebra Finch High Vocal Center (HVC) activity. Coded a custom Recursive Bayesian Filters (RBF) for biophysical parameter estimation in Python. Researched in-vivo recording mechanisms w/ RBF estimators to classify auditory neurons based on ion channel makeup.
Select Projects – See GitHub for all: https://github.com/theotherkhan
- #MeToo Visualization project (HOYA Hacks, 2nd place finish): Processed Google search traffic to visualize the spread of the #MeToo movement across the US.
- Text-to-speech FAQ Chatbot (VCU RamHacks): Built an Amazon Lex application that scrapes college admissions FAQ pages, allowing users to ask relevant questions in a syntax-invariant way
- FINRA connections project (BitCamp, 3rd place finish)
Editor and Columnist – The Cavalier Daily, Opinion Section (Fall 2014 – January 2017)
- Editing, sourcing, and managing all subjective content of The Cavalier Daily newspaper.
President & Former Treasurer – Pakistani Students’ Association (Spring 2015 – May 2018)
- Philanthropy – raised $1500 for the Human Development Foundation, Pakistan
English Second Language Tutor – International Rescue Committee (Summer 2017 – May 2018)